Experience True Solitude: Remote Fly-In Cabin Rental on 'island time'
Your very own lake cabin on a private 4 acre island
A unique fly-in Anchorage, Alaska Fly-in Wilderness Vacation Rental!
Solitude island retreat is a one-of-a-kind remote fly-in lake cabin on a private 4-acre island 70 air miles West of Anchorage, Alaska. There just isn't anything like it! Silence. Peace. Wilderness. Real Alaska... on 'island time.'
This wilderness vrbo is available as a bundled package including float plane fly-in from Anchorage.Schedule:
- Day 1: Depart Anchorage via float plane @ 4:30pm, Arrive Island 5:15pm
- Day 2: full day, Solitude Island Retreat
- Day 3: Float Plane pick-up, 8:45 am, Arrive Anchorage, 9:30am
- Optional Extention: Glacier/Volcano Flightsee, Arrive Anchorage, 10:45am
- Option #1: Island Retreat VRBO Uncatered Package (does not include flight - ask us for float plane air taxi contacts, or we can set up flight for you and you pay air taxi separately) $900.00 (total) $450.00 (per person, double occupancy) $300.00 (per person triple occ.)
- Option #2: Island Retreat VRBO Uncatered Package (including flight from Anchorage) $1,340.00 (total) $670.00 (per person, double occupancy) $446.67 (per person triple occ.)
- Option #3: Island Retreat VRBO Catered Package (includes flight & fully catered food & beverage package) $1,490.00 (total) $745.00 (pp double occ.) $496.67 (pp triple occ.)
- Option #4: Island Retreat Catered VRBO + Glacier/Mountain/Volcano Flightsee Bundle - $2,090.00 (total) $945.00 (pp double occ) $629.67 (pp triple occ)
- Deluxe Fishing Lodge Package + 1 night at the cabin -2 night Deluxe Fishing Lodge Package + 1 night stay at a fly-in wilderness lake cabin! Fly via float plane from Anchorage to Wilderness Place Lodge for a 2 day/ 2 night deluxe fishing lodge adventure featuring guided spin and fly fishing for native rainbow trout and a variety of Alaska salmon species. Departure to the lodge is 11am on day 1 with the 2nd half day's fishing. Day 2 is a full day's fishing. 3 meals a day provided by a highly regarded chef team and all fishing gear included. Depart via float plane at 8:30am on Day 3 to a very unique private cabin on a 4 acre island on a remote wilderness lake. Enjoy true solitude, photography, kayaking, paddle-boating, hiking and r&r. Food and beverages are sent with you for your overnight stay in this peaceful setting. On Day 4, the float plane will pick you up at approximately 8:30am to take you back to Anchorage. This entire package is all-inclusive with exception of fishing licenses and gratuity for lodge staff = $2,794/person (for groups of 2-3 people) Visit the Wilderness Place Lodge website for more information on the fishing lodge experience.
**Extra nights at the cabin can be added at $400/night
Solitude Island Retreat is a remote, fly-in wilderness vacation destination. Enjoy a very scenic 40 minute float plane trip from Anchorage to our private 4 acre island on a beautiful wilderness lake (we help arrange float plane taxi service). Our brand new cabin has electricity and climate control heat with a twin and queen bed in the upstairs loft. The cabin is located just a stone-throw from the lake shore and our large floating dock. This is a peaceful do-it-yourself wilderness retreat ideally for couples with space available for a child or two upon request. This is an extremely unique experience and a comfortable way to see real remote Alaska. This takes "Alaska Glamping" to a whole new level. Add on our "catered package" and we will prepare and pack all your meals for your stay. The 288 square feet cabin interior is finished in knotty pine throughout. There is a main sitting area, dining wing and full upstairs loft. There is a large 6'x12' covered sitting porch with incredible lake and mountain views to soak in the solitude. 3 nesting pairs of loons call this place home and their calls can be heard echoing across the lake on a regular basis. Beavers, Eagles, Moose, Ducks, Shorebirds, Swallows, Songbirds, Otters and Swans also reside in and around our lake. We are one of only 3 private parcels on this gorgeous 600 acre lake, only ours and one other are occasionally occupied. The other occupied parcel is on the complete opposite side of the lake and not in view of our private island. The lake offers fishing for northern pike and we have rods/reels/tackle on site. We have a 2 person paddle boat, two kayaks and a row boat on the island for exclusive use by our guests to explore the many quiet bays of the lake. There is a second lake adjoining ours that can be accessed by kayak portage for the more adventurous individuals offering great pike fishing. As the cabin is on an island, we're secluded from furry bear-like creatures so this is not of concern to those with "bearanoia". This is a peaceful place, so we hope that our guests come in seek of solitude, but also do their part to preserve it. We take care of all essentials such as cookware, dinnerware, potable water, beverages, utilities, etc. Please inquire for a full breakdown of amenities, itinerary and accommodations. This is really a soulful place you must experience and we welcome you!